Saturday, September 19, 2009

Birth story/hospital stay

Everything went great! I can honestly say I only threw up once during my whole pregnancy! That one time was on the operating table getting cut open.

The c-section went very fast! They took me back to get the spinal at about 7:20, Charlie came out at 7:36 and I was in recovery by 8:10. I was able to see him over the drap as soon as they pulled him out! All bunched up in a little ball, with the darkest hair. DH got everything that happened in the nursery on video! He was also able to experiance our son getting pulled out feet first!

All vitals were fine at birth except his blood sugar was just a little low. They had to give him some sugar water, but after that he has been fine!

Charlie had been having some problems nursing on the right side, but has been getting much better. I asked for lots of help and tips on getting him to latch on. He doesn't like diaper changes so he fusses during them and also when he is hungry. We just gave him a paci today, he started sucking his thumb/hand. He has been doing great with it!

We were released this morning after my staples were taken out. Dh says you can't even see a scare there. The nurse said they like to take the staples out this early on woman on the smaller side. I would never consider my self to be on the smaller side at all!

I have a check up appointment in 2 weeks. Charlie will have an appointment this next week.
We are trying to take it easy and are welcoming all the help we can get. (Especially from the very proud Grandparents!!)

I am doing pretty good, sore, but moving around helps! (along with the pain medicine) Dh has been such a great Daddy! He has been helping out every way he can, even if it means changing those nasty poopy diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment